The Center for Neighborhood Innovation (CNI) @ Hoen
Cross Street Parnters
Download a PDF of this project
The Center for Neighborhood Innovation (CNI), a new model for neighborhood transformation. The CNI convenes an interdisciplinary group of social entrepreneurs, non-profits, service providers, researchers, for-profits, and community members committed to solving the issues facing our most distressed under-resourced neighborhoods and provide them with the space and support they need to affect positive community change. Unlike traditional project-based initiatives that focus on a single issue, place-based efforts such as CNI address the multiple issues presented by a single geographic area. The interdisciplinary group assists students and residents move step-by-step along the continuum from schooling to job training to career building.
Cross Street Partners, as general contractor, took care to preserve the building’s historic fabric and story and to meet the Secretary of the Interior’s standards, while incorporating modern building systems and amenities.
The scope of work for this project included:
– construct a mezzanine above the first level with private office (single – quad)
– 6 conference rooms on 2 levels with AV installations
– 1 collaboration room
– 1 open – shared work-space
– Shared kitchen, including kegerator, sparkling water dispenser, and ice maker
– 2 ADA gang bathrooms with showers (level 2)
– 2 ADA single occupancy bathrooms (mezzanine)
– Installed VAV terminal units
– Spiral duct work
– Power and lighting are on occupancy sensors
– Installed sprinkler system
– Exposed brick walls and painted partitions
– carpet / ceramic / LVT flooring
The build out was completed on time and on budget.